- What this example do?
- How I must configure my ORbit16™ to work with this example?
- Where I can learn more about this?
- Download this example!
What this example do?
In this example we’ll learn how to use the LCD I2C Library. This library is used for interfacing the ORbit16™ with LCD using the HD44780 controller or compatible through a PCF8574 or PCF8574A IO Expander.
This demo shows how to define a custom char, how to write strings, characters and numbers and how to turn ON/OFF the backlight.
Only 2 IO of ORbit16™ are required to full-drive the LCD!
How I must configure my ORbit16™ to work with this example?
Connections between ORbit16™, PCF8574 and LCD are showed in the LCD I2C usage manual in the library page.
Where I can learn more about this?
- Please read the user manual in the LCD I2C Manual.
- PIC24F Family reference manual, section 24, Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C)
- [ITALIAN] I display alfanumerici basati sul controller HD44780
- [ITALIAN] Definire i caratteri personalizzati sui display HD44780
- PCF8574 Datasheet
- [ITALIAN] Utilizzare l’IO Expander PCF8574
- [ITALIAN] PCF8574 Tutorial
- AN469 (NXP) : I2C/SMBUS General purpose IO Expanders
Download this example!
Note: This example is made with the version 1.0 of the IO Expander library and with the version 1.0 of the LCD I2C LIbrary. Please refer to those library pages for the latest version of the libraries.