- What this example do?
- How I must configure my ORbit16™ to work with this example?
- Where I can learn more about this?
- Download this example!
In this example we’ll learn how to use the internal RTCC (Real Time Clock Calendar) with LCD I2C Library. Values in the RTCC Registers are hold in BCD format. Function provided in the source code will show to you how to convert RTCC values to be showed on the display.
Connections between ORbit16™, PCF8574 and LCD are showed in the LCD I2C usage manual in the library page. You must solder the optional components Q2 (32,768KHz in TC38 format), C12 and C13 (ceramic 15 ÷ 18pf).
- Please read the user manual in the LCD I2C Manual.
- PIC24F Family reference manual, section 29, Real Time Clock Calendar
- File Microchip PIC24F Peripheral Library.chm in MPLAB C30 folder docs/periph_lib
Note: This example is made with the version 1.0 of the IO Expander library and with the version 1.0 of the LCD I2C LIbrary. Please refer to those library pages for the latest version of the libraries.